Personal Licence Holders
Unit: Legal & Social Responsibilties of a personal Licence Holder
Licensing law in England and Wales states that anyone who authorises the sale of alcohol to the public must hold a personal licence.
Those who wish to obtain a personal licence need to apply to their local authority.
Applicants will be asked for a number of things to support their application; one of these is proof that they hold a government approved licensing qualification such as the APLH.
You can rest assured that the APLH covers everything you need to know to pass the qualification’s examination and apply for your personal licence. What’s more, it’s been developed and rigorously piloted with experts from the industry to make sure it truly meets the needs of those who want to succeed.
The APLH covers the syllabus set by government to enable candidates to understand
the law in relation to the:
• Roles, responsibilities and functions of licensing authorities within the
framework of the licensing objectives
• Application process for a personal licence
• Role and legal responsibilities of the personal licence holder, and the
penalties relating to failure to comply with the law
• Premises licence
• Content and purpose of operating schedules
• Role and duties of the designated premises supervisor
• Unauthorised and temporary licensable activities
• Rights of entry to licensed premises
• Police powers with regard to suspension and closure of licensed premises
• Specific prohibitions for the sale of alcohol
• Strengths of alcoholic drinks, and the effects of alcohol on the body
• Protection of children from harm
• responsible sale of alcohol.
This course is a one day programme assessment that consists of a multiple choice examination. You will need to provide proof of identity in order to sit the examination.
Please follow this link to see what type of identity will be accepable.
Lunch is provided if you have any special dietary requirements, please contact our Commercial Course Manager, Debbie Thomas.
This course runs from 10.00am til 4.00pm.
Please note: The location of your course will be stated in any letters received by us with regards to your attendance at this course.
For further information please contact our Commercial Course Manager, Debbie Thomas.
This course costs £150 + VAT payable by cash or cheque:
Please book your place by contacting Debbie Thomas on; Email: email@example.com