Employers & Jobs Growth Wales…
The programme is designed to enable growing businesses across Wales to create unique, exciting and sustainable job opportunities for unemployed and job ready young people between the ages of 16-24 years old. Participants will be paid at or above the national minimum wage for a minimum of 25 hours a week.
Are you able to create a job opportunity for a young person within your business?
If you are able to create an additional sustainable job opportunity within your business for a young person today, we can help support your business by reimbursing 50% of their wage cost for the first 6 months at the National Minimum Wage for their age.
If you are planning on growing your business, then Jobs Growth Wales could help you achieve your goals.
The business benefits
- You’ll receive a 50% reimbursement towards the wages of the young person that you take on, paid by us, for 6 months.
- Your vacancy will be advertised to work ready, energetic, enthusiastic and committed young people.
- You’ll be providing a young person with a valuable opportunity to kick start their career.
What support will you get?
This must be a real job and not a 6 month work placement. We recognise that recruiting new staff demands time and commitment. You will be supported by us as your managing agent, allowing you to focus on getting the best out of your new employee from day one.
To make the recruitment process even easier, we list all vacancies on the Jobs Growth Wales section on the Careers Wales website. Work ready young people will then be able to apply online.
In return for a 50% reimbursement to the wages of your new employee, and helping to find the most suitable applicants, we require a few guarantees from you.
- The young person must be employed for between 25 and 40 hours a week and will be contracted for a minimum of 6 months.
- All jobs created must be additional to your existing workforce needs. You cannot fill a position that has already been advertised, or create a job to cover sickness or maternity leave.
- All jobs created should be sustainable and you should be committed to retaining your employee beyond the 6 month period. Don’t forget, if they’ve impressed you enough to earn a full-time job, imagine what they can achieve for your business with further training and skills support – for example, an apprenticeship.
Download – Jobs Growth Wales Leaflet >>
Is your business eligible?
Eligibility criteria will apply, however you must have traded for over 6 months in the private or third sector and be based in Wales. The Jobs Growth Wales programme, led by the Welsh Government is supported by the European Social Fund.
If you are interested in creating a job opportunity for a young person within your business in the following counties across Wales and would like to express your interested in any areas we manage that are listed below.
Please complete the Expression Of Interest (EOI) form that is submitted to Welsh Government for processing Expression of Interest Click Here >> ensuring you select Cambrian Training Company as your managing agent.
- Neath Port Talbot
And we look forward to working with you soon. However if you have any questions regarding the programme, Please contact via email: email@example.com for further information and support or phone; 01938 555893.