Open to all chefs, 23 and over on 1st February 2019! All entrants must be of Welsh descent or working / studying in for a catering qualification in a college or establishment in Wales.
The entry must be the competitors own creative menu for a three-course dinner for four persons. The following is required:
- Starter must be suitable for vegetarians
- Main course must use 2 different cuts of Welsh beef
- Dessert must include chocolate as a main ingredient (minimum 50% of the total weight of the finished dessert)
Selection of Finalists
On the basis of the entry form and menu, the judges will select the best entrants who will qualify for the Regional Finals. Regional finals are expected to be held during November 2018, should you qualify for the Regional Finals and you will be notified of the time, date & venue once the paper judging has finished.
The prizes will be awarded in order of merit to those entrants who show the following:
- Best meal produced
- Balance of menu & use of Welsh products
- Blends of texture, colour, taste & flavour
- Range of technical and knife skills shown
- Presentation of food
- Personal and practical hygiene
The final will consist of the two regional winners and the highest scoring runner ups from all regions. The final will take place on Thursday 28th February 2019 at Coleg Llandrillo Cymru, Rhos on Sea, Colwyn Bay.