Food manufacturing is packaged foods that are manufactured outside the home for purchase. The products you buy in our shops and supermarkets are there because of the efforts of literally thousands of people working in different food & drink industries in the Welsh food chain. This can range from a butcher preparing meat to international food industries.
At Cambrian Training, we offer food manufacturing apprenticeships to suit all areas of the industry from foundation level to higher apprenticeships across Wales. Learning through apprenticeships can help staff develop practical skills that are essential to create a successful career in the industry.
Our food manufacturing apprenticeship programmes will give you all the skills you need to succeed in the industry.
Opportunities for apprentices are available to both new entrances & non-furloughed employees within the sector.
Apprenticeships and Training
Training in the Hospitality industry is delivered in a wide range of forms. The Qualification Credit Framework provides a simple and rational apprenticeship framework that presents learner achievement and qualifications in a way that is easy to understand, measure and compare.
It aims to give individuals the opportunity to learn in a more flexible way and enables a wider range of organisations, including employers, to have their training recognised.
Cambrian Training is an approved centre with FDQ for the delivery of training in Food Manufacturing.
Employers we work with;
We have established excellent working relationships with employers across Wales and we continue to network with employers considering participation with apprenticeships as part of their training development programme. Don’t just take our word for it, see what our employers say about us >>
Recruit an apprentice with the Apprenticeship Vacancy Service (AVS)
The apprenticeship vacancy service gives you a FREE online platform to advertise and promote your quality apprenticeship job opportunities. For more info
Apprenticeship Qualifications available across the whole of Wales:
- Level 2 Food Industry Skills | Download Factsheet
- Level 3 Food Industry Skills | Download Factsheet
- Level 2 Brewing Industry Skills | Download Factsheet
- Level 2 Fish and Shellfish Industry Skills | Download Factsheet
- Level 3 Fish and Shellfish Industry Skills | Download Factsheet
- Level 2 Meat and Poultry Industry Skills | Download Factsheet
- Level 3 Meat and Poultry Industry Skills | Download Factsheet
- Level 2 Dairy Industry Skills | Download Factsheet
- Level 2 Fresh Produce Industry Skills | Download Factsheet
- Level 2 Baking Industry Skills | Download Factsheet
- Level 3 Baking Industry Skills | Download Factsheet
- Level 2 Food Team Leading | Download Factsheet
- Level 3 Food Management | Download Factsheet
- Level 4 Food Manufacturing Excellence | Download Factsheet
- Level 2 Warehousing & Storage | Download Factsheet
Our experienced Training Officers can help employees choose the right course at the appropriate level to develop their skills and knowledge. These qualifications are delivered in the workplace.
The Welsh Government funds for most of the apprentice’s training costs, with the support from the European Social Fund, leaving you to pay only for their wage. Apprenticeship Programmes, led by the Welsh Government, are supported by the European Social Fund please click here »