Cambrian Training Company are seeking a professional Additional Learning Support Co-ordinator.
Based from Home, with the need to travel extensively throughout Wales and attend regular meetings in Welshpool Head Office
Salary: £27,000.00 per annum
This presents an exciting opportunity to join our skills delivery team. As a member of this team, you will be responsible for coordinating the support and delivery of the supported shared apprenticeship programme. This position is particularly well-suited for an individual who possesses self-motivation, a customer-centric approach, and an unwavering commitment to achieving exceptional outcomes. The role necessitates the use of adaptions and learning strategies enabling individuals to realise their apprenticeships and career aspirations.
Working with specialist partners to lead and coordinate the support and delivery of the shared apprenticeship programme to meet both quality standards and contract profile. To provide training, advice, and guidance to training officers/tutors to support learners with additional learning needs (ALN). Through promoting the effective use of best practice strategies, promoting the use of adaptations and learning strategies to ensure that all learners achieve their full potential. Coordinate and support the delivery of the shared apprenticeship programme to meet both quality standards and contract profile.
- Conducting case conferences with specialist partners to agree on apprenticeship delivery strategies for individuals identified for the shared apprenticeship programme
- Co -ordinate and maintain communication with learners and their delivery support mechanism to ensure effect learning and progress made whilst participating in the supported shared apprenticeship programme.
- Build effective working relationships with CTC partners to support the delivery of the shared apprenticeship contract.
- Co-ordinate the supporting evidence to support financial claims within the shared apprentices programme.
- Contributing to the strategic delivery of learning by demonstrating expertise within all aspects of additional learner support
- Providing ongoing timely, expert advice and support to operational teams and CTC subcontractors, upon request in relation to supporting learners identified with additional learning need.
- Ensuring the standardisation of all aspects of additional learner support within the company including the identification of additional learning needs and effective plans are in place to provide support.
- Developing the skills of training officers and tutors through programme of CPD to ensure they can deliver outstanding learning support
- Ensuring staff have the appropriate skills required to deliver training and assessment that meets additional learner support funding requirements
- Organising training and up skilling of staff as per their identified development needs
- Delivering any agreed accredited training when required and maintain all records in line with Awarding Organisation requirements
- Develop support strategies to underpin outstanding delivery of learning support provision
- Overseeing and developing all additional learner support delivery content
- Ensuring staff understand learning strategies available when using and know how to use all e-platforms including learning assistant and WEST to best support learners with additional learning needs.,
- Review of ALN plans and supporting evidence to ensure compliance with the ALN policy.
- Work with the compliance department to ensure effective processes and procedures are in place and evidences to access additional funding support through the mainstream apprenticeship programme.
- Completing all reasonable adjustments and access arrangement assessments for learners
- Maintaining comprehensive and up to date records for additional learner support
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge and awareness of the social Model of Disability, Equality and Wellbeing of Future Generations Act.
- Knowledge and Awareness of the five stages of the Supported Employment Model
- Effective time management
- IT skills
- Keeping abreast of learner support requirements and best practice
- Developing own literacy, numeracy and digital literacy skills alongside others
- A car user is essential as the post-holder will be required to travel regularly on business
- Generous annual leave and bank holiday entitlements
- Company Sick Pay Scheme on completion of the probationary period
- Wellbeing and mental health support
- Ongoing CPD opportunities
- Company pension scheme
- Staff uniform, laptop and mobile phone provided
If you are interested in applying, then in the first instance please send your CV and a covering letter outlining why you want the position and why you feel you would be a suitable candidate to:
Stephen Bound (General Manager) at the below e-mail address:
firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01938 555 893
You will be required to self-register as a Work Based Learning Practitioner with the Educational Workforce Council.
An Enhanced DBS Disclosure will be required at the employer’s expense.
Cambrian Training Company Ltd is an equal opportunity and disability confident employer.
Closing date for applications is Monday 23rd October 2023
The company reserves the right to close the vacancy at any time should we receive a large number of suitable applications. Therefore, we encourage early applications to ensure consideration for the position.
|Job Category||Cambrian Training - Join our Team!|