Apprentice Food Production & Cooking,
Derwen Garden Centre, Guilsfield, Welshpool, Powys, SY21 9PH
• Working under the supervision of our Chef & kitchen team you will learn all aspects of kitchen life. From the basics of kitchen organisation, hygiene and law, to hands on preparation of sauces, vegetables, meat, fish and desserts.
• You will become organised, efficient and able to manage your own time, in short, a responsible, valuable team member.
• You will be taught the relevant skills of food and kitchen management, that should, if you wish, lay a solid foundation for you to progress in a career as a chef and allow you to express yourself.
Desirable Personal Qualities:
• An interest or preferably a passion for ‘food’
• A willingness to learn from our Chef & kitchen team
• Calm under pressure
• Ability to communicate well especially in a busy kitchen environment
• A desire to make a career in this field
• An interest in minimising waste and negative effects on the environment would be ideal
• Good literacy & numeracy skills
Welsh Language Requirements:
Welsh Spoken Skills: No.
Welsh Written Skills: No.
Up to 18 years £6.45 per hr
19 – 24 years £8.20 per hr
25 years + £8.72 per hr
31-40 hours per week
To be made directly with the employer.
Interviews will take place w/c 22/2/21, start date to be agreed pending further government announcements
Contact email@example.com to request an application form.
Please ensure your email includes ‘Apprenticeship’ in the subject heading.