Equine Groom Apprentice
Competition show jumping yard, within the lovely Holywell area, is looking for an apprentice groom used to working with competition horses and ponies, looking to progress in the competitive arena. The yard requires high working standards and attention to detail. Due to the nature of the position, horse care experience is a requirement.
General duties to include;
- Mucking out
- Turning out/bringing in
- Tack cleaning
- Tacking up
- Filling hay nets
- Rug changing
- First aid
- Exercising horses from the ground (lunging, horse walker, long reining, pessoa training etc.)
- Holding for vet/farrier/dentist
Full training to be provided through Haddon Training Apprenticeships
Desirable personal qualities
- The yard demands high working standards and attention to detail.
- Due to the nature of the position, horse care experience is a must.
- You must love horses, be keen to learn, friendly and outgoing.
- You should be able to work on your own and be able to use your own initiative when required.
- Honesty, reliability and trustworthiness are a must.
No minimum requirements.
Welsh Language Requirements
Welsh Spoken Skills: No
Welsh Written Skills: No
£4.15 per hour
Minimum 30 hours p/week