Cambrian Training Company are seeking a professional Head of Business Unit – Wales.
Salary: depending on knowledge, qualifications and experience up to £32,000.00 per annum.
This presents an exciting opportunity to join our senior management team, operating in the domains of Food & Drink Manufacturing, Management, and Sustainable Resource Management. As a member of this team, you will be responsible for overseeing a group of training officers who administer apprenticeships throughout Wales. This position is particularly well-suited for an individual who possesses self-motivation, a customer-centric approach, and an unwavering commitment to achieving exceptional outcomes. The role necessitates robust management and business relationship skills, as it entails leading by example to foster the development of the next generation of professionals, enabling them to achieve their apprenticeships and career aspirations.
The role entails overseeing a team of Training Officers who are responsible for delivering apprenticeship programmes in the above-named sectors across Wales. The primary objective is to effectively manage the team, ensuring the successful achievement of targets related to apprentice enrolment, achievement, and progression. This includes performance management, ensuring that contractual targets and objectives are met, particularly in terms of timely success rates. It is essential to demonstrate a combination of values, such as prioritising the needs of learners, as well as skills like collaborative approaches and critical thinking. Additionally, a strong knowledge base focused on the relevant vocation and teaching, with a clear understanding of the subject matter, is crucial.
- Building and maintaining relationships with learners, colleagues, employers and all relevant parties for the benefit of the individual and sector.
- To effectively manage the Work Based Learning training officers within your sector, ensuring all contractual and internal targets are met.
- To ensure staff are developed and supported to meet their targets.
- Effectively manage training officers’ caseloads to achieve the Business Unit profile and contract spend.
- Identify performance and quality issues and plan, manage and implement measures to address these.
- Review and manage resources within the Business unit to meet the learner, employer and contractual requirements.
- To conduct and support with internal verification (IQA) duties ensuring quality standards are met (training can be provided).
- Manage the human resource aspects of the Business unit e.g. annual leave, sickness, absence, expense claims etc.
- Ensuring your training officers keep accurate records of the individual learners’ journey through the programme of learning, in line with and adhering to the Welsh Government requirements.
- Ensure your team manages the health and safety of the learner’s individual’s place of work in line with the code of practice.
- Work alongside the quality department to evaluate and plan quality standards.
- To manage the delivery of other initiatives such, Equality and Diversity, Wellbeing, PREVENT and Safeguarding.
- Any other duties as requested by the Managing Director.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Experience in leading a team and supervising others
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Good level of IT skills and ability to learn new software
- Knowledge and experience of at least one of the role’s sector areas
- Hold relevant TAQA Assessing/IQA qualifications or willingness to achieve them
- Hold relevant Management qualifications
- Current valid driving licence is essential
- The ability to speak Welsh is desirable but not essential
- Competitive salary dependent upon knowledge, qualifications and experience
- Generous annual leave and bank holiday entitlements.
- Company Sick Pay Scheme on completion of the probationary period.
- Free on-site parking.
- Wellbeing and mental health support.
- Ongoing CPD opportunities.
- Company pension scheme.
- Staff uniform, laptop and mobile phone provided.
- Company Car
If you are interested in applying, then in the first instance please send your CV and a covering letter outlining why you want the position and why you feel you would be a suitable candidate to:
Stephen Bound (General Manager) at the below e-mail address:
email@example.com Tel: 01938 555 893
You will be required to self-register as a Work Based Learning Practitioner with the Educational Workforce Council.
An Enhanced DBS Disclosure will be required at the employer’s expense.
Cambrian Training Company Ltd is an equal opportunity and disability confident employer.
Closing date for applications is Monday 23rd October 2023
The company reserves the right to close the vacancy at any time should we receive a large number of suitable applications. Therefore, we encourage early applications to ensure consideration for the position.
|Job Category||Cambrian Training - Join our Team!|