To apply for this vacancy you must be ages between 16-24, as this is part of Welsh Government funded program. To apply: You MUST create an account & log in via the following website >> https://ams.careerswales.com/Public/Vacancies/View.aspx?vid=47877
IMMEDIATE APPLICATION IS ADVISABLE.
CLOSING DATE IS ONLY A GUIDELINE AND MAY CHANGE.
SUITABLE CANDIDATE WILL BE OFFERED A START DATE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic graduate, ideally in Town Planning or Geography, to join our Planning Consultancy as an Assistant Planner.
Evans Banks Planning Ltd is based in Cross Hands, Carmarthenshire and is led by two RTPI qualified Town Planners with over 45 years’ experience of both public and private sector planning.
Being situated on the border of predominantly rural area with national parks and the high density urban areas of the region means that we have a diverse range of clientele, including landowners, housing developers, housing associations, local authorities and tourism companies.
Our Planning Assistant will be mentored by our Town Planners and will be fully immersed in all aspects of Town Planning. They will also have opportunities to work alongside our associates that include, ecologists, highway engineers, archaeologists, geologists, and drainage engineers.
This is an ideal opportunity to put your university education into practice and expand your experience and knowledge in a diverse and forward-thinking Planning Consultancy.
We offer an attractive salary, flexible working hours, generous holiday allowance and a company pension.
- Assist the Directors in preparing Planning Applications, Appeals, Pre-Application Enquiries and Feasibility Appraisals.
- Undertake Planning Research.
- Assist the Directors in the assembly of Pre-Application Consultation packages which may include attendance at public exhibitions/meetings.
- Deputise for Director at client, associate design team and consultee meetings.
Desirable Personal Qualities
The successful applicant will:
- Be educated to degree level ideally in Town & Country Planning or Geography.
- Fully conversant with Welsh and English National Planning Policy, associated regulatory frameworks and procedures.
- Possess excellent report writing skills and the ability to interpret architectural plans.
- Be fully conversant in Microsoft Office IT packages.
- A full clean driving licence and access to a motor vehicle is essential as the applicant is required to undertake site visits, some of which may be in rural.
|Job Category||Jobs Growth Wales|