What is Jobs Growth Wales?
- Jobs Growth Wales is a six months opportunity in a paid job
- It pays at least the National Minimum Wage
- You will have a contract written by your employer
- You will get the chance to gain the work experience you may be lacking
- If you have a disability or face other barriers you can get additional help and mentoring while you are in the job
Jobs Growth Wales is funded by the Welsh Government with the support of the European Social Fund.
Am I eligible to apply for a Jobs Growth Wales vacancy?
To be eligible to apply for a Jobs Growth Wales vacancy you must:
- Be aged between 16 and 24 years
- Live in Wales
- Not already be in full time employment (full time employment is 16 hours per week and over)
- Not completed the full 6 months of a previous Jobs Growth Wales vacancy
- Not have been referred to/or are taking part in the Work Programme or Work Choice Programme (Check with your Jobcentre Plus adviser if you are registered with them)
- Not be in full time education (full-time education is 16 hours and over. Please ensure you have officially finished school after the 30th June to be eligible to apply.)
- Not be on a Welsh Government work-based learning programme
Please DO NOT apply if you cannot meet all the eligibility requirements.
How do I prove that I am eligible for Jobs Growth Wales?
You must be able to provide the following documents:
- If you are aged 18 to 24, you will need a referral letter from Job Centre Plus. (You will need to be registered as unemployed with the Job Centre)
- If you are aged 16 or 17 you will need a letter from Careers Wales
- Your National Insurance (NI) number for example National Insurance card or letter from the HMRC or DWP
- Evidence of legal right to live and work in the UK. This could be your full passport. (See more details on the Jobs Growth Wales evidence you need)
- Proof that you are aged between 16 and 24 years. This could be your Birth Certificate, Full Driving Licence or Passport (See more details on the Jobs Growth Wales evidence you need)
- Evidence of your address to prove you live in Wales. This could be a recent bank statement or letter from the council, or solicitor with your address on it, Full Driving Licence, or rent card statement (See more details on the Jobs Growth Wales evidence you need)
How do I apply for a vacancy?
There are lots of different jobs you could do through Jobs Growth Wales. New jobs and employers are advertising every day so keep looking.
We manage jobs in the following areas; Anglesey, Conwy, Gwynedd, Denbighshire, Flintshire, Wrexham, Powys, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire, Monmouthshire, Carmarthenshire, Swansea, Cardiff, Neath Port Talbot
- Go to our Jobs Growth Wales jobs page to search for vacancies that interest you
- Click on the link at the top of the page if you want to apply for this position (this will take you to Careers Wales)
- Make sure you are registered on the Careers Wales site
- You must confirm you are eligible to apply for job opportunities before you apply
- Log in and complete the vacancy application
- Submit your application. (Proof read it first and make sure you are happy with it and keeping everything crossed)
- The employer will contact you to let you know what is going to happen next
- Keep track of your applications in My Vacancies