We are an approved & experienced Kickstart gateway
& can help support you to apply & create placements in Wales.
The Kickstart Scheme is a £2 billion fund to create hundreds of thousands of high quality 6-month job placements for young people.
Employers from all industries and across the private, public and voluntary sectors can get involved.
Let our experienced team support you every step of the way to; complete your application successfully with ease, deliver high quality wrap
around training tailored to support your individuals & business and provide advice & guidance about next steps or further training such as
apprenticeships after your placements are complete.
We even provide a FREE pre-screening service and can discuss all funded options available to your business in Wales.
It was announced on the 8th July after the Chancellor announced the Kickstart Scheme as part of the Plan for Jobs.
Funding is available for each job placement that will cover;
There will also be funding available to support your young people to develop new skills and to help them move into sustained employment after they have completed their Kickstart funded job.
1. The job placements created with Kickstart funding must be NEW jobs.
They MUST NOT:
– Replace existing or planned vacancies
– Cause existing employees or contractors to lose or reduce their employment
2. The roles you are applying for MUST be:
– Minimum of 25 hours per week, for 6 months
– Paid at least the National Minimum Wage for their age group
– Should not require people to undertake extensive training before they begin the job placement
3. All applications MUST include how you will help the participants to develop their skills and experience with:
– Support to look for long-term work
– Support with CV and interview preparation
– Training to develop their skills, such as team work, organisation and communications as part of the role
The Kickstart Scheme job placements are funded using a grant agreement.
There are rules around who grants can be paid to and checks must be made to show your organisation is established, reputable and financially solvent.
These factors are taken into consideration when assessing your Kickstart Scheme application.
Failing on one or more of these does not mean you will not be approved.
Don’t qualify for Kickstart?
You could save up to £4,267 when you hire a 16-24 yr old with Jobs Growth Wales!
Employing your Kickstart candidate?
Apprenticeships are a great way to develop their knowledge and skills around your business, after they complete their Kickstart placement!