The competition is organised by Cambrian Training Company and supported by an Industry Steering Group.
Sponsorship partners include Institute of Meat, The Worshipful Company of Butchers, Hybu Cig Cymru – Meat Promotion Wales and industry consultant Viv Harvey.
Entrants must be able to carry out the following tasks and skills to a satisfactory level as a minimum:
• Good Knife Skills with a minimum of 6 months practical experience.
• Primary & Secondary Butchery including Seam butchery with a minimum of 6 months practical experience.
• Good tying & stringing skills
• Must be able to mix, make, fill out and link sausages using natural skins consistently
• Must be able to use an electric sausage filler & mincer machine safely
• Must be able to supply your own knifes, small cutting equipment
• Must be able to supply display trays, product labels, recipes and cooking instructions where required
• The ability to prepare ready to eat products for example: pies, pasties, terrines, sausage rolls (please note these are just examples and are not limited – see brief for more details)
• Must be able to produce innovative products
• The ability to prepare identical products
This competition focuses on all the essential skills required for a successful career as a multi-skilled/disciplined Butcher within the Food Manufacturing Industry.
Who can enter?
Entrants do not have to hold any qualifications to enter, however you must not have completed higher than a level 4 in Food Manufacturing Excellence qualification or the equivalent to enter.
How many competitors can enter from each organisation?
We do not have a limit on how many competitors can enter from each organisation but if there is a large capacity entering from one organisation this may have to be reviewed.
To enter please register your interest on the WorldSkills UK Website
Registration will open 19th April