Cambrian Training Company are seeking a professional Essential Skills Tutor to deliver Essential Skills to learners within the SE Wales areas of Cardiff and Newport. If you are passionate about developing the knowledge of learners then we would love to hear from you.
Our mission is to engage with all young people, learners & employers by developing the skills of individuals through learning, and to thrive through training and development. We have gained an enviable reputation throughout Wales for delivering high-quality training and development programmes.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking to recruit a highly skilled Essential Skills Tutor as part of our growing ESW team. The ideal candidate will be able to teach and develop our apprentices towards achieving their vocational qualifications. Self-motivation, enthusiasm, independent working and team working is a must for the role, along with good interpersonal and communication skills.
You will be working directly with employers and apprentices of all ages so the ability to motivate individuals and support them in achieving agreed goals must be one of your attributes. To possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and have the proven ability to motivate individuals towards achieving agreed goals.
Ultimately you will gain a huge amount of job satisfaction through teaching your apprentices towards achieving their Essential Skills qualifications
You can expect to deliver teaching and learning in the workplace on a day to day basis passing on your knowledge and experience, whilst supporting learners to improve their literacy, numeracy and digital skills, and promote the use of the Welsh Language wherever possible.
It is a requirement to have access to your own transport as travel is critical to the position.
What are the core responsibilities of this role?
- The role involves the delivery and assessment of Essential Skills Qualifications including Communication, Application of number and Digital Literacy (Levels 1-2)
- Use of the diagnostic assessment tool WEST to plan learner support and delivery
- Responsible for arranging conducting and invigilating controlled tasks with learners in line with CTC and awarding body requirements
- Responsible for carrying out any administrative work associated with the Essential skills qualifications such as preparation, marking and assessment
- Use of e-portfolio and Google drive to maintain and store learner records
- Attending standardisation sessions and undertaking and recording own CPD
- Working as part of a team along with the Training Officers to ensure the learner achieves their Essential skills and Framework in a timely manner
- Accountable for supporting and engaging with learners and employers
- Communicate regularly and effectively with the team and wider operational units
What skills and experience are we looking for?
- Experience of working within Work Based Learning
- Experience of delivering Essential Skills Qualifications
- Essential Skills practitioner, TAQA or other relevant qualification would be advantageous
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the learners and employers
Salary up to £24,156.00 per annum depending on knowledge, qualifications and experience. Opportunity to earn £27,400.00 per annum (performance based)
- Flexible working hours
- Generous annual leave and bank holiday entitlements
- Company Sick Pay Scheme on completion of the probationary period
- Performance related pay
- Wellbeing and mental health support
- Ongoing CPD opportunities
- Company pension scheme
- Staff uniform, laptop and mobile phone provided
If you are interested in applying, then in the first instance please send your CV and a covering letter, outlining why you want the position and why you feel you would be a suitable candidate to:
Stephen Bound (General Manager) at the below e-mail address: email@example.com Tel: 01938 555 893
You will be required to self-register as a Work Based Learning Practitioner with the Educational Workforce Council.
An Enhanced DBS Disclosure will be required at the employer’s expense.
Cambrian Training Company Ltd is an equal opportunity and disability confident employer.
The company reserves the right to close the vacancies at any time should we receive a large number of suitable applications. Therefore, we encourage early applications to ensure consideration for the positions.
|Job Category||Cambrian Training - Join our Team!|