Manufacturing Apprenticeship – 9 vacancies available
CDT Sidoli (Welshpool)Ltd
• Working on the manufacturing lines across the manufacturing operation producing high quality desserts
• Learning additional tasks and skills in all areas of the manufacturing operation enabling
• Assisting in the meeting of daily production plans ensuring the quality standards are met
• Operating and running machines in the bakery area to produce mixes, having to follow recipes and product specifications and ensure all the correct process are followed. Complying with the company quality policy and procedures specifically health & safety checks. Following the relevant critical control points in the process for example the sieving of flour etc. Understanding the importance of allergen control
• Operating and running the ovens, being able to carry out general maintenance (greasing, cleaning etc). Understanding and being able to adapt baking times and temperatures based on different products and seasonal differences on products
• Hand building finishing and decorating cakes and gateaux to the product specification.
Desirable Personal Qualities:
• We are looking for people who have the ability to work well as part of team as well as being able to work on their own initiative.
• Who are flexible and be able to work across a range of different production areas gaining a good level of skill throughout the manufacturing function.
• Good communication skills are important being able to communicate with all levels as well as having a good basic level of literacy and numeracy.
• We are looking for people who have ambition and want to learn all areas of manufacturing and progress within the business.
• People who already possess some of the skills we are looking for and want to be able to progress within a well-established manufacturing operation.
GCSE level C in English and Maths.
Any previous bakery or manufacturing experience would be useful but not essential
Welsh Language Requirements:
Welsh Spoken Skills: No.
Welsh Written Skills: No.
Rate of pay will be dependent on experience
31-40 hours per week
There will be a two stage interview, the 1st stage will be either face to face or online. Stage 2 will be on site and involve some practical aspects